What is Snovio?
Snovio describes itself the “world’s first decentralized lead generation platform”.
Essentially, they’re a marketplace for data in lead generation. You might say they operate in the same space as Datum. Here’s an overview of how it works in practice:
It’s worth noting that Snovio already has a lead generation product in the market. As such, they’re slightly different from the more “grandiose visions in a whitepaper” ICOs that we see a lot of these days. Some of the companies they list as customers today include: Lego, Uber, Oracle, Ubisoft, and Soundcloud.
Who’s behind Snovio?
As Snovio is an company with paying customers today, they have a reasonably sized team; 13 people listed on their site, ranging from engineers to marketing specialists. They’re based in Ukraine, but they clearly have a global customer base. CEO and Founder, Alexis Kratko doesn’t list seem to have a Linkedin profile, so it’s hard to comment on his track record other than having taken Snovio to where it is today. Except for Facebook (nearly 40k likes/followers), they have a relatively weak presence on social media. Let’s see if the hype picks up before their ICO!
How can I purchase Snovio tokens?
Their ICO starts October 31st, and they have a relatively low hard cap at $15,000,000 – compared to many other ICOs these days. You can also apply for joining their whitelist.
We can conclude in the form of a quick SWOT:
- Already existing product and user base
- Low hard cap, which could mean large upside
- Product and business model makes sense
- The team might be strong, but they don’t have terribly impressive backgrounds compared to many other ICOs; same for their advisors
- Relatively weak presence on social media (Telegram, Twitter, …) – Facebook is the exception
- Typos and poor English on website – doesn’t give a good first impression
- Large market: Lead generation market estimated at $30 billion
- Increased privacy regulations in Europe in 2018 (GDPR) might make data collection more difficult